Thread: Heroin
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 09:55 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
virginia12

Heroin

Thanks so much for everyone that has posted. You have given me hope and encouragement. To all who said, it doesn't matter what's in the spoon, it's a drug, that is so true. She went to a psychiatrist on Thursday, and they changed her meds. If what I am seeing is the meds, that will probably change, if it's the drug use, that will change too, it will increase. Sometimes I actually hope she gets so totally looped that she has to go to the ER. The doctors there are good at getting her into treatment.

In May she went to a psychiatric hospital in our area, and what a joke! She had overdosed three days within 7 days of going to this facility, one of those times she almost died. Within 5 days of admission, this outfit discharged her from inpatient to outpatient days and to stay in their "lodge" at night. This meant she was free every day from 3:00 pm until 10:00 pm. Well, I am sure you can guess what happened!

The doctors there prescribed some medication that we later found out can cause suicidal thoughts and depression. This particular drug can also cause diabetes because it alters your sugar levels. If this situation weren't so serious, you could almost call it a comedy of errors. However, there is nothing funny about further screwing up someone's already screwed up life and thought process. Needless to say, that is why she went to a new doctor.

Thanks again everyone for your thoughts and prayers. You are all in my prayers as well.