View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 12:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Afraid2Succeed

It sounds like you're a compulsive person who is unintentionally sabotaging recovery. I apologize if i'm wrong or if I sound harsh. All these things that you're doing: smoking cigs, eating junk, keeping messy house - are all symptomatic of an unhealthy lifestyle change. Granted, you are SOBER, which is GREAT.

Now that you've removed a huge compulsion (ADDICTION), you gotta fill it with something positive. No fairy is going to tell you what to fill it with. If you *choose* to fill that void with pizza, smokes and sh1t, then you will feel like pizza, smoke and sh1t. Hate to be frank.

My philosophy is most people live in their comfort zone. It's when you stretch yourself outside of your comfort zone that you Learn and Grow as a person.

I won't just tell you that you're coping incorrectly. I'm not malicious like that (today lol). Really, it is up to you to find the *positive* coping behaviors to fill that large void. For me, I exercise, eat right (nutritionists will swear to you what you eat changes the way you feel!), and treat myself right.

Ask yourself, what do you REALLY enjoy?? Secondly, the thing you enjoy, is it positive? If it is, I SAY WHY ARE YOU WAITING TO DO IT? Recovery is a journey back to happiness. Find what that is for you!!

Best,
Dave