View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 10:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Jersey Nonny
Old & Sober Member of AA

When does this un-comfortability go away ??

I haven't shared this at meetings as I am fearful of what other's will think - which is ridiculous as I know there is very little judgement in the rooms.

I have broached this with my sponsor, and therapist as mentioned - but all they really say is that they are not surprised and as long as I am not drinking it is all good.

I just want it all to go away, so I can be healthy, happy at peace and contented - (most of the time anyway)

Any suggestions anyone ??
I've heard it said, "When you take away the alcohol from the alcoholic, you'd better have something to replace it." I'm pretty sure they're referring to AA meetings, 12 Steps/Traditions/Promises, etc. You seem to have found a ton of things, much of which is unhealthy/undesirable.

If you want to make changes, you need to have a plan of action. What I find helps is "taking inventory" and making a list, perhaps in the order of importance. As you work through/accomplish each item, you can cross off and move on. Sometimes, I have to revise the list; but, I always try to have the feeling that I am doing something productive. Try it...hopefully it will work for you, as well.