Old 09-12-2007, 08:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
dixied

accept the guidelines from the counselor but feel free to ask his/her opinion on a halfway house. I learned from my son that 30 days is only a drop in the bucket compared to what they need. Consider it like this......a baby crawls for quite a while before he walks and even then he does so unsteadily, clinging to support. It's human nature.
So how can we expect those new to recovery to be any different? Basically if he has used for some time his brain really is only getting the fog lifted not taken completely away. It's gong to take time. My son should have gone to a halfway house after six months clean time on his last rehab but the facility said they had given him the tools.....he lasted six weeks on the out side. We withdrew all support. He was forced to make it on his own. He now has a job and they say he is clean and working hard but I hear from others and what I hear raises flags. But I do not contact him. He knows my number . I wish him well but in my opinion he is not living the program . In fact he is going to a counselor with his wife, attending one Bible Study a week, (sometimes)going to Sunday service(sometimes) but yet refuses to give us an I'm sorry or anything. He says AA doesn't "fit" into his schedule. So to me that isn't living the program.....but I digress....my advice....a halfway house until you're both stronger.......take it for what it's worth........dixie