View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 04:55 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
GreenTea
Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Thanks Taz!

In MY case though, I can not take any credit for it whatsoever. Much like the story of Lazarus, I was a rotten, stinking, dead-inside, wet drunk. There was nothing, absolutely nothing, I could have done or did of my own accord to pull me out of that hell.

If it were up to me, all the "problems" would simply have disappeared -poof- as if they never happened, and I would have been able to drink to my heart's content forever. I could not humble myself, so God did it for me.

You could say that I've just been "along for the ride". It was God (my HP) who forced me to seek help, who set the goals along the way, who initiated and carried out the process, who put the right people in front of me at the right time, who sustained me, carrying me just like in the prose "Footprints In The Sand", who lifted the obsession, who provided opportunities for things like service work, who provided the ability and capacity for me to participate in things like service work, who kept me going to meetings, who led me to this wonderful place called SR which has been a great supplement for me, who showed me the Steps, who moved in my heart, healing it, pointing me in the right direction and telling my legs to move... I can't even list all the ways... My HP continues to do all this to this very day, and hopefully He won't stop.

If I try to take even the veriest iota of credit for any of it, then I'm taking something which is rightfully God's and am trying to give it to my own ego. I might as well spit in His face and go buy a twelve-pack.

In my case, the story of Lazarus applies. In MY case...

I'm not trying to say anything at all about you, Taz, so please don't take this wrong. I guess I'm just witnessing, is all.

I can't take any credit whatsoever for my recovery. I am accountable for it, true, and I am its steward, true... but its God's accomplishment, not mine. And He gave it to me as a gift, freely and undeserved.

Thank You!!!!!!!