View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 04:06 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Change!!!!! I was a drunk, for years I would quit drinking and not change anything about myself as a person, as a result I remained a drunk, and being a drunk always led to me drinking again because I had changed nothing, drinking or not I was a drunk and drunks drink.

When I first came into AA I was still a drunk.... I was simply not drinking one day at a time..... but I was still a drunk. I had a sponsor but was not working the steps as a result I was not changing, I felt like my wheels were spinning..... right back to drinking!

I kept hearing old timers say things like "In order to stay sober i had to change, I changed by working the steps with my sponsor." Well I did not want to drink again so I got with my sponsor and I started working the steps with him, as I worked the steps I did start to change, the more I changed the less I thought about drinking, the better I felt about myself.

Today thanks to the steps I am no longer a drunk, I am a changed man who by working and living the steps to the best of my ability has actually had the need/urge to drink lifted.

Stopping drinking was never hard, staying stopped was the problem..... I was a drunk, I am no longer a drunk.

Read the BB and see how many times it mentions "Change"!