Notices

Whiskey bent...again

Old 09-02-2007, 09:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
new life

Whiskey bent...again

The definition of insanity is: repeating the same behavior..over and over again expecting differant results....why cant i learn this?
Old 09-02-2007, 09:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
The definition of insanity is: repeating the same behavior..over and over again expecting differant results....why cant i learn this?
Because if you're an alcoholic like I am, your mind says "Yeah, but it will be different this time"

Last edited by GlassPrisoner; 09-02-2007 at 09:32 PM.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well, Mikee, all I can say is that I wish you the ability to figure out that problem before it kills you. Nothing would give us greater pleasure than hearing reports from you that you have managed to put together some sober 24hours. Lotsa support here. Please let us know.

Best from the Snowgoose.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

When the depression from drinking
had me on the edge of mental illness
I finally quit.

I found my new sane life with God and AA.
Tis can happen for you too!
Old 09-03-2007, 08:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Well Mikee.

"Whiskey bent and hell bound". yep been there. Only one thing Mikee you are already living in the hell we did, and I know it's not fun.

The booze will surrender you one way or the other.

After I did make it to AA I heard something that has stuck with me all these years:

There are 3 UPs for an alcohlic:

Locked UP,

Covered UP, (dead) or

Sobered UP.

You have the CHOICE of not continuing to repeat the insanity. You have the CHOICE to decide which UP you want.

You don't have to stay in AA, however, you might seriously want to give them a call and go to some meetings. Meetings are a great place to feel SAFE, being among sober people who had been where I was, sure helped me a lot and gave me the one thing I had been lacking;

H O P E

I hope some of the above is of help to you.

Love and hugs,
Old 09-03-2007, 09:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Smile

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
Well, that defines one form of insanity, and is often used in AA. In any case, it sounds like you’ve already learned that this is insane behavior.

We also have another saying in AA, "there is no chapter called 'Into Understanding.'" We do have a chapter called “Into Action.” Have you taken any action yet? Just asking.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Coffee Drinker

At my first job (in 6th grade) my boss had a saying, and he used it constantly.

If at first you don't succeed...

Try Something ELSE!

If nothing changes, nothing changes.

Ted
Old 09-03-2007, 04:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am not only insane with alcohol but virtually anything that makes me feel good; relationships jobs etc. thank God for a new way to live if I choose to follow the path of recovery
Old 09-03-2007, 05:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Mikee,
God bless you. Please take care of yourself. If you want to quit, we've got losts of support for you. My question for you is: Do you want to change?
chip
Old 09-03-2007, 09:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
new life

Thanks S/R and everyones replies :it means alot to me !
Thank you all!
Praying in overtime,
one day at a time.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:40 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
want 2 stop!

i got 9 af days in , thought id got it, then whammo, i thought id have a few beers, an i not stopped since, i havent been getting rreally drunk but it s creeping up, i almost bought brandy yestrday, thats my poision, but i stopped an bought beer,

just as bad i guess, but all in my life seems to be falling apart,

everything i ve been trying o explain to my bf, over the mths, now he is trying to preach 2 me,

now that i made up my mind to get out of this relationship, he wants me to stay, but i think it will never work,

i feel like im loosing my mind an the wil to try,

but i know i got a stop, i need a clear head if im gonna leave or stay, but my heart is breking, well whats left of my heart,

i need to get out of the cycle,

wish u luck mikee xxx
Old 09-04-2007, 04:06 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Change!!!!! I was a drunk, for years I would quit drinking and not change anything about myself as a person, as a result I remained a drunk, and being a drunk always led to me drinking again because I had changed nothing, drinking or not I was a drunk and drunks drink.

When I first came into AA I was still a drunk.... I was simply not drinking one day at a time..... but I was still a drunk. I had a sponsor but was not working the steps as a result I was not changing, I felt like my wheels were spinning..... right back to drinking!

I kept hearing old timers say things like "In order to stay sober i had to change, I changed by working the steps with my sponsor." Well I did not want to drink again so I got with my sponsor and I started working the steps with him, as I worked the steps I did start to change, the more I changed the less I thought about drinking, the better I felt about myself.

Today thanks to the steps I am no longer a drunk, I am a changed man who by working and living the steps to the best of my ability has actually had the need/urge to drink lifted.

Stopping drinking was never hard, staying stopped was the problem..... I was a drunk, I am no longer a drunk.

Read the BB and see how many times it mentions "Change"!
Old 09-04-2007, 04:30 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Mikee, don't pick up the first drink. If you don't pick up the first one you don't end up drunk. It's as simple and as hard as that. If you feel a craving, call another alcoholic, go to a meeting, pray....it works.