View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 08:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
marle

I want to say welcome. Another mom here, daughter is the addict, age 21, only child. It can and does get better, but you have to be willing to let go of your son. Let go of the images in your head of what can happen, because most of the time all that is is projecting a future that may or may not happen. I no longer spend time thinking about what is happening to my daughter. She has her journey and I have mine. Taking care of you, whether that means moving away or not, is the most important thing that you can do for you and for your son. If he breaks into your house, press charges. If he calls you, don't answer the phone. He can only blame you if you let him. Tell him that you love him, but that you are giving his addiction back to the person who owns it-him. My daughter was brought up in a loving, two parent household and was given everything that she needed to succeed. She chose drugs. End of story. It is not your fault that he chooses drugs. That is the addict talking to you. Wanting you to believe that you caused it so that he can continue to use and abuse you. You have the power to stop it. Take baby steps if need be. Hang up on him when he starts his crap. Refuse to let him into your house and your life. There is much beauty in the world that has nothing to do with addiction. Sending you some big mom hugs and some healing prayers. Hugs, Marle