Old 09-01-2007, 09:53 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Done_With_It
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Oh hell no, I'd be the one driving down there asking them to please fix my shake.
especially if I was going to consume those calories they better be right.
If I'm going to complain about something it will be because it was too hard to fix it, lol

I'm the total opposite, I've had to learn to let things go, or I would have had a heart attack by age 17. I'm a control freak, and I started work at a young age with High work ethics so I think things should be done "right". lol and you should talk to people right.
So frequently when I was younger, I would be the one almost going over the counter, saying, "Don't talk to me like that...." I'm Very Nice, but if they set me off, My mom would have me by my collar...
Now I'm fine, I can let things go.

What was it like for you growing up Loves I was the one taking care of everyone, making sure people were okay, looking out for this one and that one, and eventually not being in control had consequences, so they became my traits.

We usually are the way we are for a reason. Once I figured out why I was like I was, I was able to stop wanting to jump over the counter when someone pissed me off, lol, I would take chocolate or vanilla now. lol

Originally Posted by Lovestoomuch View Post
Sometimes it's about accepting what we can control but choose not to.

From the hospitals to the convenience stores & fast food restaurants I'm always settling for less than i know I should deserve or have asked for.

A prime example is what happened to me this evening when I went to town.

I've been good all month and decided to indulge in a little fast food at a local burger place. I placed my order, paid for it and when I checked the bag I saw I had fries when I ordered onion rings and my shake was vanilla when I specifically ordered chocolate!!

What did I do about it?? Absolutely NOTHING! Want to know what makes it worse?? I was still in the parking lot.

Then I stop at the convenience store to get a pack of cigarettes. I get in the car and notice they gave me lights when I specifically asked for full flavor.

What did I do about it?? Absolutely NOTHING!! Want to know what makes it worse?? I was still in the parking lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not just this evening. I'm ALWAYS doing this and I see a pattern for the first time in my adult life that I tend to accept anything that comes which explains why I stayed with my exabf for so darn long.........only with him at least I had a breaking point.

All of this other "little" stuff i choose to accept is NOT another issue entirely. I believe it's part of one big issue and I think may be the key to some part of what I'm still lacking in my recovery.

Acceptance doesn't mean you have to accept EVERYTHING, especially if you have some control over the situation.

So why do I do this?? Is this some sort of codie characteristic like lieing is to an addict??

Does anyone else share in this? No wonder I get so depressed and complain that nothing ever goes right!! Most of it is my own doing.......or lack there of.

Thanks for the mini vent/pitty party.