View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 03:05 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
laurenlanai25

hello!! i would like to join this convo!! king, i have a question, because i am always just curious!!! if you know u are not an alcoholic why still visit the forums?!?! ive always just kinda wondered that? for the past year i was out drinking, i still would occassionally visit the forums, even tho i wasnt an alcoholic, thats just what i told myself! obviously i had to drink a little more to find out or should i say remind myself! something to consider that i learned a long time ago, non alcoholics usually dont question whether or not they are an alcoholic!! i thought that was nuts, i thought everyone questioned their drinking!! my mom would never find this site and come on here and post nor would my mom question her drinking, and why, because shes not alcoholic!!! im 26 and i dont need alcohol to function either, for me it's more i dont like the person i become while drinking! i once heard someone say, its not how much you drink, how often you drink, but its what happens to you when you drink!

everyone realizes at their own time and the sad fact is some people never realize! it took me to get completely honest with myself. i lied so much to the people around me that i really started believing my own lies!!

thanks for starting this friend, its very interesting and of course, it helps me stay sober today!!!