View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 03:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Well I am an alcoholic and I share certain traits with almost every alcoholic I know, I had these traits before I had my first drink and drinking just made them worse.

I was an egomanic with an inferiority complex. The world revolved around me, I was a perfectionist, I worried about what other people thought of me at the same time I was convinced that everything that went wrong in my life was caused directly or indirectly by some one else. I had an extreme fear of failure and of success. I lied to & manipulated people for my own good only. I had high expectations of others even though the very things that I expected of them I did not do myself.

Just a few traits of this alcoholic and many others I know. Self centered & self willed, I knew it all!

When I was drinking I did not have a problem with drinking, the only people who had a problem with my drinking were those around me that I loved.

I know for a fact that I am NOT an alcoholic thers ZERO doubt in my mind about that (there was when I came to SR asfter the summer of 06 but not now)
King what convinced you that you were not an alcoholic?

Did you quit drinking for a year with no problems?

Are you able to go to a bar, have 1 drink and go home every day for a week without having any more then one a day?

Are you able to drink half a drink and leave the rest because it is time to go?