View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 09:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
sam79

I guess im in the same postiton as you are right now and i know for sure im not ready to give up on my b/f. We have been together for 7yrs and i can honestly say 3yrs were truely happy until his depression kicked in and its been up and down since but i could deal with that. Then about 18months ago weekend binges that just resulted in a laugh and a hangover the next morning became proggressively anger led situations due to panic and anxiety attacks.
The treatment i get when hes drunk is verbal abuse and threats of self harm. When he is sober he feels guilty and tells me me knows what he is doing is wrong but doesnt know how to stop.
Hes been going to our local alcohol service for help and it does work but when he feels troubled sometimes it gets too much and he drinks again.
For this reason,knowing that hes aware of his problem and i know he really does love me i cant walk away right now, im here when he needs me. Whether its doing me any good is another thing but i guess i have to deal with it.