View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 08:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
TrishaV

lost contact.........

I too have lost contact or communication with mostly all of my friends and had really distanced myself from my family members as well. I think this happened in part because I didn't want anyone to know my business (ashmed i guess) and partly because I didn't want to listen to people who had no clue as to what I was going through. In the beginning I confided in a few people who gave me suggestions on how to deal or cope with my daughter -- but they had no prior experience handling an addict and therefore just didn't or couldn't comprehend. I also had a fear that if I brought these people back into my life, that my daughter would do something to mess it up--such as stealing from them. I kept people at a distance because I thought I needed to keep them safe. I took the blame for everything that my daughter had done through out her years which made it that much harder.

I have now since made it my goal to get back out in the world and pick up my life right back from the point of disruption (or close to it).