View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 04:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
lillian

hi- i can really relate to this. of course, not exactly... but what torture. i am so sorry. my husband of 10 yrs also left/kinda came back, acted like he wanted to come back-- then he met someone 22 yrs younger-- we don't have kids, so i am spared that torture. but for me anyway, i feel unnecessary, replacable with the better, younger version-- i think this can really be painful for women- to know that what you thought was special was not good enough- it feels like the second he was sure could get a better, younger version, that was the second i was thrown away. it was no problem for him, after 10 yrs, and crying just months before about how i was the most important thing in his life, and he didn't know what he'd do without me. i wasn't expecting the dumping, and it sure makes you not trust anything-- now i am dealing with major confidence issues- i feel like the only reason anyone would like me-- IF anyone will ever like me again-- is if they couldn't get anyone better and younger-- that i am one to settle for, not to cherish. it's an awful feeling. i am sorry you are experiencing it. the sooner you can break ties and start doing things that have nothing to do with him, the better-- this is hard and takes time, but the more steps you can take to get away from feeling badly about yourself, the better-- in time, i hope to reclaim my sense of self-- good luck.