Thread: what next...
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 05:11 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
ICU

Wow woobie...that's some story. My heart goes out to you and your kids. Even though you might not feel it right now, you have a lot of strength!

Originally Posted by woobie View Post
Our homelife is very peaceful and the kids and i are coping and repairing ourselves from this ordeal.
Have you given any thoughts to some counseling for the kids (espeically in light of your daughter's attack by her father), and for yourself?

Originally Posted by woobie View Post
I still have not cried....that worries me- usually I have good cry to ease the frustration. I feel numb and very unaffected from the situation. Is this normal?
Being numb could be considered a temporary survival skill because 'feeling it all' can be so overwhelming at times. One thing I've learned is that it does eventually disappear only to be replaced with other emotions as you feel more comfortable expressing them. Again, counseling certainly wouldn't hurt.

Keep coming back and let us know how you're doing!

Oh, and a little hint for you....

Q: Do you know what happens if you don't report his very first restraining order violation?

A: He believes you have just given him permission to do it again, so he will! (been there, learned that).

(((Woobie)))