View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 01:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
lillian

i can relate to this-- i am completely fearful, too, so fearful i won't put myself out there, and the couple times i have, i get so wrapped up in my thinking that i can't be myself-- i am scared to be myself-- but i keep telling myself every bit of practice and experience will help. maybe this date won't be comfortable/you will be insecure, or fearful-- but this experience will add up to whatever comfort you will eventually have later on down the road. so take it easy on yourself-- and remember, you don't HAVE to go-- so if you do, be easy on yourself. i figure i'm gonna be a big old insecure weirdo for at least another year, and i'm trying not to freak out about that fact... what you see in yourself now isn't necessarily what you'll see or feel in a few months- and it probably isn't what others see. sorry to ramble, but i FEEL like the ugliest, stupidest, more undesirable person in the world-- and i sure act like a loon- insecure, guarded-- but i've had a couple of experiences that make me think that there are others who don't see me as being as bad as i feel. anyway, hope you had fun.