View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 11:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Momsrainbow

AH-A Lost Soul-I AM STILL SANE!!!!

I have thought about posting and decided I would. AH came by the other night with dog food and wanted to play with the dogs. Also brought the dogs meds. No problem-he left. Next morning he comes over-asks me to go with him about 60 mi. from here. I thought ok-what can it cannot hurt-plus he wanted to talk. We start to come back-all is well-he pulls off the highway-got a bottle of whiskey and pours it in his coke. Then rolls a big hooter and off we go. Then pulls into the liquor store and stocks up. (mind you he just got over $500 from selling scrap metal) He is 2 months behind on his personal loans. He knows I will not put a dime out & he has not asked. Then he wants to know if I want to talk-told him I had nothing to say. He started in about "pot", calling his friends(haha) druggies-told him pot is pot & friends are druggies-simple? He starts quacking about pot is recreational and an herb. Normally, I WOULD HAVE BLOWN UP!!!!! All I said was"you have your opinion and I have mine-lets end this dicussion. Got home in one piece-said bye and that was it. He has tried to call 2 times on a druggies cell phone-I didn't answer.He looked like homeless person-says he is crashing here and there, has he got any clothes here-he can't find all his clothes-eventually he is going just bottom out. Not a thing I can do about it except watch it happen. Makes me a hard-hearted b----?

Actually, I am doing well. Not a heart twinge, not a brain fart, pity, disgust-just amazement I guess that I did not realize nor ever hear of co-dependancy. Lobo & Nyte new sticky even made life better. I am also amazed to watch a person destroy themselves, but not a chance he will take me with him. 36 yrs. of drugs-I cannot ever see help for him. I have more pieces to put back together at home and move onward and upward!!!!!!!!

Ok-I know there wil be a bump now and then-but at least I can face them rationally-I HOPE!!!!! Thanks to all!!!!!!!!!