View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 09:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
skolc

So i have this friend...

..Actually, it would be very easy to consider him my best friend; like a brother. we have know each othr for over 8 years, worked together, hang out ride our bikes etc...He drinks but is not a huge drinker but quite the weed smoker although he manages his life, both professionally and emotionally, far better than i.

I drink alot.
At this point know if it is not already a serious problem it will be very soon if i do not cut back/abstain.

I think it is pretty clear that i have an issue but it seems like he does not get it; or refuses too. He acts like you should be able to go out and have few drinks and chill. that would be great but a few drinks for me alwayts ends up with drinking till i sleep. He knows this about me.

I got to admit at times he makes me feel like i should be able to this and acts likes it is wrong that i cannot..So he keeps pushing beers and stuff on me almost like to show that i "can" do it.

Years back i would chill at his house with froiends and have a couple beers..i would go home have a couple more...he left for some school and i kept drinking at home and at the bar. i have been progressing all these years and here we are now and although i think he knows something is up, he will not admit it or act like there is.

The weirdest part is his father is a late stage alcholic (some what estrnegd, they do not speak or see each other too often) and has been his whole lfe . I would expect more understanding or insight into this manner.

I need to cut back but do not want to lose a close and great friend.
Any thoughts?