View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 08:32 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
marteen
Hug giver-outer!

Great thread!

Another mom here. Been so busy with the "real world" that I don't seem to have much left for anything else.

Job has been busy; starting a class in French next week - Ooh, la la! (NO kidding, it's a full credit college course that I'm taking at work since we have Canadian accounts who speak French! Can't investigate them unless I can speak to them)

SD left for Florida to start her Ph.D fellowship program! She seems to have found a very good roommate, male, who likes to cook! How cool is that?? She's been gone less than a week and I miss her.

Had joint birthday party with granddaughter - had a great time and enjoyed every single minute. AD is, well, she just IS! Sometimes she seems almost human and other times, well, I attribute it to the past drug use and probably the present. Oh, well, I take what I can take and leave the rest! Can't change what she does or who she is but Mr. M and I both sense that she tells us what she knows we want to hear - You know what? We enjoy it now and try for the moment to believe it. Once she is gone home, we don't think about it. The worry about it use to consume us but we learned the hard way that all that did was stress us to the point of breaking and she still did what she did!
What a difference experience coupled with recovery makes!!!!

I come here to read more than I come to write nowadays. You are all with me all the time as I take each day as it comes. The main difference is that I concentrate on things that I can have an impact on.

Hugs,
marteen