Thread: Sigh...........
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 07:06 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
guineapigjude

Kris ~ I think the ER staff should be afraid ~ very afraid ~ lots of angry codies ready to go down and kick some butt! LOL
Its discouraging when people make judgements about us because of our circumstances. I find it ironic because I've known quite a few "upper crust" folks in my life who were more apt to have scar tissue in their veins form shooting up than us "common" folk. But no one would dare imply that about them! (I have really deep veins and it takes forever to find them, so I know what you went through. One time they were trying to start an IV on me and they had to call a guy from a different floor after about a half dozen tries because none of the ER nurses could hit a vein. I was ready to choke them!)
Anyway, you got some great advice ahead of me. But I will suggest you try and get to a yoga class. If there are none in your area, try and get a tape to do. (I have a zillion, so let pm me if you are interested and I could send you one.) Yoga is so good for lowering stress levels and helping you learn to manage your stress through breathing. (We aren't talking pretzel position yoga, just breathing, stretching, and relaxing.) That and your healthier diet will help a lot while you're trying to figure out whats wrong.
Oh, and Wyatt is a doll!
I'll be praying for you ...