View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 10:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
LaTeeDa

Yes, we have a counselor who both my kids have been seeing since the separation. It has been a good thing in a lot of ways, but I sometimes wonder if it adds to the blame she puts on me. (having her feelings validated by the counselor, that is) That, and the fact that she only wants to communicate with the counselor, instead of me, leaves me wondering if it may be time to end the counseling and force more direct communication. But that may make things worse, too.........Uhg!

Don't get me wrong, we have a wonderful counselor, but I sometimes think that she has served her purpose and it's time to move on. It's like we're stuck in the counseling mode and not moving forward in our communication with each other. I haven't discontinued counseling because I don't want to give my daughter another reason to resent me. Maybe I just need to be more patient with the whole process. We were dysfunctional for a long time. Repairing our family will probably also take a long time. I just feel frustrated because I have made major strides in my recovery and want everyone else to as well.

L