Thread: broken glass
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 10:02 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
dixied

parent,

i have often read your threads and I can commiserate with you and my heart goes out to you along with my prayers for your family. It is like seeing someone on a collision course and ready to self destruct and not being able to do anything to help. And that's a realy tough place to be. It was and is hard for me because we all know you are not dealing with a rational person because who in their right mind would want to live that life. Then I would think how can they make the right choice if they aren't in their right mind. Of course the answer is they have to experience the pain and difficulty of their choices and even though we hate to see them do it by letting them do exactly that we may be saving their life somewhere down the road. I told my son I'd see him in jail before letting him be released to the streets again and if that meant my pressing charges then so be it. He sought help, went to a six month program , came out, lasted six weeks, relapsed and now has been clean for three months, holding down two jobs. all is not perfect. to let him do this I cut off all contact with him but for him to do this on his own and for me to retain my sanity it was my only way. I pray for him, I wish him well but I know the bond I wanted is not going to ever be there or ever the same. But if it affords him sobriety I will relinquish that. I will pray for you but I don't think giving in to her will help. Maybe a final intervention might. Prayers to you, dixie