Thread: how do i deal?
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 01:06 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
wishingstar3

Dear CDK, I have read alot on this site but never replied. I don't have a whole lot to say but I just wan't you to know I was in an EXTREMELY similar situation as youjust a couple of months ago. And I all my sympathy goes out to you, it is such a difficult situation. For me, I believe it is the most difficult situation have and will ever go through. I thought in the end love would find it's way and he would put our love before the alcohol. But unfortunately he lost everything that was important to him (except the alcohol) and NEVER could admitt why. It was like he could not add 2+2. No matter how obvious the signs were he blamed anything and everything he could except the drinking. My heart goes out to you and anyone who is in a similar situation.
And to answer your question about if you should explain the reason for your leaving to him. Do it if you need to hear your self say it, but either he will take one of two paths (or both). He will either continue to deny all responsibility (which is so difficult for his partner) OR he will take responsibility, beleiving himself that he has "relized" his mistakes and what he needs to do to fix things. But I promise you, the second is Temporary. I wish it weren't, but it is. We always want to give love the benifit of the doubt, but in the case with alcoholism, it is just not so. It is sad, but it is true. And we just hope we learn from this, and learn the bottom line of the people we create relationships with. That they will choose us over anything that makes us hurt. And it is very posible.
Sorry, this was SO much longer than I meant it to be. I just really felt and related to everything you said in your messages. I wish you the best life....