Thread: how do i deal?
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 08:04 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
ARealLady

" "If you stop reacting, what is the worst that can happen?" Well, the worst that can happen is that I will once again be left alone and scared and depressed. I was so lonely and depressed before i met him. I know i can't rely on someone else to make me happy, but that lonely world scares the hell out of me."

CDK...if you go back up to the beginning of this thread and start reading some of your posts you were already feeling depressed within the relationship with your BF. The feelings you were experiencing caused you to "re-act" in order to protect yourself in the long term. You made a decision to change what you could change. You took control. And I don't see that as being "the worst" thing that could happen...quite the opposite!

You mention that you were "lonely and depressed" when you embarked on the relationship with your BF. Ever considered that you were your ABF's perfect target for a relationship? Co-dependents are attracted to needy people. And your A told you himself that none of his relationships work out. Has to be that each of the other women he has been involved with before you reached the same conclusions you did.

(((((CDK)))))), be good to yourself. Autumn is coming and new activities start up then. Think about new groups or classes you could try as a diversion. See this stage of your life as an opportunity to keep growing.

ARL