View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 07:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rimmy

Hi gang, it's Rimmy

I havn't been around for a while now... nearly two years. It's reassuring to see some familiar faces still doing well. Hello StormyAutumn, CarolD, NoMoBeer and others.

Well, I'm on day 1. I havn't done too well since I was last here, and was a bit embarrassed to stop in and say hi after all the helpful and hopeful advice I had been given. It seemed like it would have been a slap in the face to you guys (my guilt). I suppose that at that time, although I had made a few attempts at stopping, and thought I wanted to stop, I wasn't ready or truly committed to do it.

But it is time... health, family, finances (all are mostly ok now, but could be better).

Anyways, I've stopped quite a few times since around mid April of this year. Not because of doing anything stupid while drunk, but because it's just time. But that reason doesn't always hold up. Sometimes, I wish I did do something embarrassing enough to call it quits for good, but that might not do the trick either.

So I thought I'd come here for some conversations to pass slow times, share some stories and of course, give and receive some words of encouragement.

Day 1 - Ugh, was dizzy and nauseous all day! I wanted to go for the "recovery drink" a few times, but fought that off ok, knowing that one would not help, only getting blitzed would. NO appitite, but I drank a lot of fluids, only puking two times (felt like puking all day, but only did twice). Managed a very small portion of dinner and some tea. at 10:00 pm, I'm starting to feel better. I'm fighting off sleep so I'll sleep through the night. Viola, Day 1.

Anyone ever use meditation to help with quitting / anxiety / stress? I've heard mention of it, and I always get super anxious and stressful stomach in the week after quitting. I thought it might give me something to do, and teach me to learn to control my emotions and thinking a bit more.
PM me for the link if interested

Again, good to see those I remember and looking forward to meeting new people too!

Regards,
Rimmy (Aaron)

Last edited by CarolD; 08-12-2007 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Link Removal