View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 08:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
carl11
trying to get it..

Checking in..hello all...

Well folks happy Saturday morning to all....just checking in..I am slammed with issues at work regards compliance issues I keep up dated etc..so posting during the week is difficult for me.....

I am on day 18 of my new found sobriety, 4 meetings a week, living life, doing things to stay busy on the weekend and enjoying life with no booze....

went to a surprise birthday party for a friend Thursday night, first time around alcohol since I started my sobriety...and it was fine...when I was offered a drink I said I was the designated driver..as my wife was with me and she was having a margarita or 2...I heard another guy I didn’t know at the party just say , “I don’t drink anymore” when offered a drink..I wondered why I didn’t say that....as that is the real deal ,not being the designated driver..hell I have drank and drove umpteen times before...guess, I wasn’t secure enough yet to just say it like that, “I don’t drink anymore”....next time, that’s my line.....to just get past it .....

The meetings work...I was asked to speak for the first time last night, as the regulars see me at the meetings every week, but begged off, I am still in listening mode.....I’ll speak when I feel the time is right and I have something meaningful to share...

let me say again, to those that are new to sobriety, the meetings work...keep going and coming back...there are folks there with years and decades of sobriety that still come....why? Think about it....

Last edited by carl11; 08-11-2007 at 08:41 AM.