Old 08-06-2007, 04:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
guywithpie

Wow.. I can't believe I'm posting on a sober recovery board

Well, here I am. I pretty much have been a drunk for 15 years. On and off, but mostly on. I'm 36 and I feel a hell of a lot older than that. I consider myself a "happy drunk". I don't get in fights, hit my wife or drink so much I pass out. I do drink everyday. At least one bottle of wine.

I've never been to AA or counseling. I would consider even posting a big step for me based on my personality type. I do have a problem and look forward to fixing my current state of being. I never thought I would say this but I am an alcoholic. It's taken many years to realize this but here I am.

I have been a lurker on this site for quite a while and now I have realized that I need to put myself out there and tell someone else that I'm going to quit. I've told my wife that in the past but it obviously has failed.

So.. This is day one. Day one should be fairly easy for me considering I got obliterated over the weekend and feel like hell. Let's see how day three and four goes. Thanks for all the posters. Reading your trials and tribulations and how you overcame them definitely helps.

Hopefully I can post some success stories that will help other people as well.

Wish me luck.