Thread: Week-end Update
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 12:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bookmiser
Get Caught Reading

(((((((Lo))))))))

Letting our guard down with our addicted loved ones is really hard.
I feel when I'm with my son, I'm always looking into his eyes to see if he is "there" or in la la land from pot. I have family members tell me that I should just be grateful he's not shooting heroin anymore and that he's still alive. To forget about the pot.
Uh, yeah.
That's gonna happen.
They have no idea.
Anyway, I think that being on guard is kinda like a protective shield for us normies.
We don't want the lies, manipulation, ect., to start up by something we've said or a question we ask. Don't even start me on the questioning thing? If my son tells me once more how he hates to answer questions, I'm gonna pop him right in the eye.
Me on guard...Choosing my words so that they don't come out in question form. lol
What's up with that anyway? They're gonna lie anyway, so what's the dif?
With my son, I guess deep down he really hates lying to me, so in order not to...
please don't ask anything.
I'm glad you both were together for the weekend and had an alright time.
She probably needed that sense of normalcy. Ya know? It helps them.
As far as suboxon, I'm not real sure. I have heard it does help with cravings.
My son was never on it. He did, however, take methadone doses from a clinic for about 10-14 months. He worked, lived normally, and seemed to do well.
Until I told him he had to start paying for it himself. That went over like a lead balloon.
I can't for the life of me figure out where he gets the idea that people are here to do his biding.
I never raised him that way. At least, I don't believe I did intentionally. lol
With love and continued prayers for our children to heal,
Linda