View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 05:44 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
respektingme

Charm

I don't know if this will help or not. My best friend in getting a divorce. She married him because she felt safe with him, her mother was dying, and she felt it was time to marry. He was a stoner type, not all that grand to look at, had an average job. She was gorgeous, is a nurse, and has never been into drugs or booze.

So, when they married, I think it was assumed between the two of them that she settled and he hit the gold mine.

They had 2 kids together. He inherited some money and they bought a house. The house almost doubled in appreciation. Now they were living in a 500k, 4k sq. ft. home, and although they had been married a long time, the class difference was still there. The sex had been gone a pretty long time.

During their marriage, he often put her down. Don't know why exactly. Seems to make sense that perhaps he was feeling inferior? Or having esteem issues?

So, he asked for a divorce. She readily agreed as she was through listening to his constant criticisms.

But for the next year (they still aren't divorced because she had some major health issues following their separation and required months of recovery and was still on his ins.) she kept asking me why he could possibly break it off with her. She was baffled. There was no other woman. He was lucky to have her. Why wasn't she the one to call it off.

All I know, is that she never really got answers, but in time it never even mattered. She slowly came to the realization that he wasn't the one for her and wishes she hadn't wasted so many years with him.

You're baffled as to why this guy could leave you, when in reality, he should be lucky to have landed you. Who knows for sure. Maybe he's really attracted to bad girls, who like to party. Maybe he thought he wouldn't be able to hang on to you. But maybe, and most likely, he did you a huge favor.