View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 06:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
respektingme

Charm,

I haven't been here long. I don't know the people who post here personally. Would you believe many of them already know my AH better than I do, and we've been married 13 years?

How could that make sense? Because alcoholics have some commonalities that are very prevelant in their personalities. A few of those traits are, they are extremely self-absorbed. They are usually only thinking about what they want/need. They are also selfish, and will control, manipulate, lie, cheat and steal to get what they want. Your feelings are an inconsequential fly on the windshield. It's unfortunate if you get hurt, but they don't even realize how bad you they hurt you.

It's best for you that you got away from him. Ever think it's odd how nurses wind up with alcoholics? Caregivers want to care for others. Alcoholics want to be cared for. Who is going to care for you???

My advice is to seek your own recovery through counseling, or Al-Anon and get a man who deserves you. By your own admission, you were from two different worlds. Find someone in your world and find peace, love, happiness and someone who appreciates you. Learn to appreciate yourself.