Old 07-28-2007, 09:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ladyamalthea

Dixie,

I don't have much experience with your particular situation, but what comes to my mind first and foremost is that your son and his wife need to figure out what's going on... I don't think you should feel a need to help them financially. What I can suggest, though, is that maybe you could help out some other way? Maybe buy things for your grandson, such as toys, clothes, or whatever... but it's not right that your son should be working two jobs and she should only be working part time.

I understand that she might feel a bit apprehensive about taking him back just yet, because we know that eight weeks is an eternity, but I'm sure she has a lot of hurt inside over things that happened before he got cleaned up. But it still doesn't seem fair that she can drag him along like that and not pull her own weight. Especially if her home and car are paid for, she really has no excuse to be only working part time, as she should be able to afford child care more easily than those of us who are still paying for these other things.

Like I said, I've got no experience in this type of matter, so take my opinions for what they're worth, which may not be much... but it's just my thought.