Old 07-27-2007, 07:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Daisy1975

Something scary has happened & I feel helpless tonight.

I hope this is ok to post here, I wasn't quite sure where else to post it. I have maintained 4 days of absoluetly no alcohol and no cocaine. Up until this evening I was feeling pretty good. I came home from working a temp job and I had a message on my home phone from a person from my past. This person is a man that I had a short and abusive relationship with in my early twenties. It was kind of a rebound thing when I was apart from my ex for a few weeks. Long story short, this man stalked me, vandalized my vehicle twice and made my life a scary living hell for months. The police did nothing to help me as I could never prove it was this man that was doing these things to me.

After moving and going to great pains to stay hidden (all my utilities were in my ex's name for years) I thought I had stopped leaving a crumb trail for him to follow. I have not thought about this person in years. I could only hope he moved on and found someone else to bother. Tonight I have a message from him on my home phone and I am terrified and feel completely violated. I can only assume he has done some searching on the internet and somehow located me through public records. If he has located my home phone, I am sure he has my address and whatever else he could want too! It makes me so angry that the internet has all these sites where people with harmful intentions can find people who don't want them finding them! My home number is even unlisted!

I live alone in a new city and feel scared. I just moved here the beginning of June and don't have any friends. I haven't called him back - of course my voice message has my voice on it so he is probably ecstatic he found the right person. I am just hoping that I can make it through this evening without drinking. I am angry this person feels they have the right to call me, but I am also trying to use that anger to not let him help me relapse too.

Sorry for the long post, thanks so much for letting me vent here!