View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 12:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ConcernedBigSis

Thumbs up He's going for help today

It's been almost a week since I've been out of the house. I've kept my distance from AH as much as possible and basically kept my mouth shut. I gave him the phone number for an addiction counsellor the very first day. Told him what I was and was not willing to live with and have pretty much left it at that. He's called every night begging me to come home and I've firmly stood my ground and told him no everytime. I've learned, that like many of you say, NO is a complete sentence!
Anyways, yesterday he stopped by here to see the kids for a little while and told me that he'd made an appointment with a counsellor. I'm, too say the least, a little bit shocked. He's always said that he would NEVER go talk to anyone. Last night he said that he knew he had a problem, that he was fed up with living this life, he wanted help, and that there's going to be some changes happening because he's finished and never wants to go there again. I'm happy for him that he's realized and admitted that he DOES have a problem. At the same time I'm apprehensive because I'm not sure if it's just an act to get me home. I'm still standing my ground and will not go home until I am ready.. 100% ready. I have told him that I'm glad he's trying.. but I cannot and will not go home until I see a change.