View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 04:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
hope213

welcome to our board... sorry you have to be here...i wish smacking them in the head would do them good but it want. i do not go to the alcoholic board.i feel as if it is the same as this.you know the 3c's..you did not CAUSE it, you cannot CONTROL it, you can not CURE it.the only help you can give your brother is by working your recovery.try to get your mom to a f.t.f. meeting.get her to read this board & all the stickys at the top of the forum"what addicts do".my son is the addict in my life,crack also & i almost lost my sanity till i got in to recovery. it is hard to let go of anyone you love, but that is what you have to do.let go,let God or be dragged. my son started drinking at 17, by the time he was 23 he was a crack addict & serving his first term in prison. he is still using & has been more in prison than out (all due to drugs).he is now 36yrs.old. some addicts never get clean as sad as it is. i will say a prayer for your brother,you & your mom.it is a long hard road with an addict.keep posting & let us know how you are.hugs,hope