View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 01:58 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Yasmin1970

Hello Carl

Hi :-)

Well,... in my honest opinion and from my minimal experience, you have a lot to look forward to Carl. The people I have met on this journey have been wonderful and very inspiring... both at the AA meeting and here !! I will be using both to their fullest extent and hopefully... in future, I may be a source of help to others. It really is strange because right now...I am looking forward to THAT day when in a social situation... NO THANK YOU, I will have coke, water or WHATEVER and to feel good about saying it.

Everyone is saying ONE DAY AT A TIME and today.. I am having a rollercoster of a day but all in all, I am starting to ease up a bit, and am looking forward to reading my book before I go to bed :-)))

About the similarities Astro mentioned.... SPOT ON !! I so agree with that !!! All our stories were different BUT we were all the same at the end of the day. We all want to move forward and away from drinking. It really doesn't matter what lead up to making that choice, but we have all made it and that is the bond I suppose. I felt like I had come home !!!!

I wish you all the best luck for tomorrow !!!

Peace,
Yasmin