View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 08:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
oneeyeopen
Awaiting Email Confirmation

i hear the parents and I do get it. Reality is I did lend him the money, I did continue to let him steal. but at the same time he was always saying to me that if we broke up his parents would pay off his debt. Okay, probably in his fantasy world, and a way of manipulating me into thinking there was some kind of assurance.

but the way I see it, got nothing to lose, if nothing else it might fuel their fire to stop enabling him (letting him live at home, passing him money when he has spent all of his on drugs, putting dinner on the table at 6 every night, not making him pay back the money he stole from them etc.)

yeah, they have no responsibility to me, but hey, here is a real face on his theft, rather than the credit card companies that he owes nearly 100 grand to and they have refused to pay (paid the first time 50 grand then he just charged them right up again).

I must admit I have always been in a moral quandary about this (at one point abf even wanted to try to convince his father to pay me back and then have me give him a portion of it!!!) Yup, my stupidity, but you know, perhaps they who can afford it, will take pity on me and reckon that for my sake they will give it back to me and then deal with their son in their own way.