View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 05:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
rozied
rozied

Need Help With A Decision

I haven't posted to the group in a while as my AS was in jail & I had blocked any calls from him. I found out he was given immediate parole & then he had people calling me asking me to give my address when parole called. I wrote him a very short letter & told him absolutely not. Well this am the phone rang & it was my son. He was given work release. He didn't mention anything about me not giving my address but asked me to please come to work release & give him a ride to his friends house to get his clothes.
Now first of all I live very far from work release. It is at least a 65 mile ride on way. If I go & do this for him it will mean driving 130 miles round trip. My husband & the rest of my family would be furious with me as I have had 8 bk surgeries, the last one being a Spinal Revision 2 yrs ago this past June. I am nalot better than I have been in 20 yrs but a drive like that is still very hard on me. A friend of mine just called & when I told her she said why can't his friend drop his clothes off for him.
I thought that was a much better idea since his friend only lives a short distance away. I didn't have time to really talk to him as the phones at wk release are messed up & both times he called we were disconnected.
I know I probably should just tell him no but I feel bad for him.

Thanks,
Diane