Thread: peeing
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 02:17 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
respektingme

This is nuts. Dealing with someone peeing? I have a few friends who are nurses and do home health visits for older folks, and they take them Depends. What is wrong with this picture??? Older people who have problems with their bladder wear adult diapers. Why would anyone, alcoholic or not, think it's okay to pee on furniture or anywhere else in the house besides the toilet?

If I cut myself and I was bleeding, I wouldn't go lay my open wound across my AH's best dress shirt. I'd put a bandage on my cut. If I was having my period, I wouldn't bleed all over the couch. I'd use a Kotex (or Tampex). If I had a sinus infection, I wouldn't blow my nose on his toothbrush.

These are common courtesies. Granted, alcoholics aren't always most courteous people. But for crying out loud!!! If they choose to drink until they are going to pee everywhere, why should the rest of the family have to swim in their urine as a result? Wear a damned diaper!! That's just sick. They have to know it's totally inappropriate, or else they'd be peeing their pants at work, peeing at the salad bar at Wendy's, soaking the seats on the bus, or scrolling their name on a wall at the police station. Why don't they? Because they'd be arrested for LEWD behavior. Google, "public urination" sometime. It's illegal in many areas. So if it's illegal behavior in public, what makes it okay to pee all over the house when you have to live in it?

I couldn't take it. If my AH pees in the house, I would duct tape a diaper on his ass the second he was too drunk to care. Or I might just duct tape his plumbing all together. Actually, I would just leave. I couldn't tolerate that.

But you might want to ask him to get himself some diapers.