View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 11:51 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
dollydo
I'm no angel!

Teke,

Only wine and cheese age, we mortals are forever young in spirit, if we choose to be.

Yes, my outer exterior has changed over the years, a few wrinkles (I've earned everyone of them) and I have gained some weight (one mouthful at a time)...yet in spirit I am 30, not soon to be 60.

My attitude is good, my wisdom has aged with me. I am happy with me, and that I believe is the key, be happy with you, who you are.

Focus on your strengths, not your weaknesses.

I am now dating a man who is 45, my boy toy, younger men are attracted to me because of my spirit, my wisdom, my knowledge, not my exterior, it is what I project about me and my life that is attractive to them.

I've learned to accept aging, and accept the truth about the aging process, I am comfortable with that issue, I don't really think about my age, I just keep moving and growing.

Sure, I could have a face lift, a boob job, a tummy tuck, but would that change who I am? No, not a bit, if I am miserable on the inside, I would be miserable on the outside, and it would show.

Teke, you are a good person, one who deserves to be respected by a man, the longer you stay in the situation you are currently in, the more your self-esteem will suffer, it just works that way. We project from the inside out, not from the outside in.

Accept what you cannot change, I'll never be 5' tall, I am 5'9", I'll never be reed thin again, I'll never be 30 again in years, but, I will be me, and accept me for who I am, from the inside out.

Hugs,