View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 01:48 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
appleblaster
up and out

That was such a difficult thing to deal with.....what if he finds someone else? Will they go to the same places we did? Will he say the same things to her as he did to me? Will she make him happier than I could?

It drove me crazy. It consumed my thoughts. It kept me awake at night. I figured out the password to check his mobile phone records (which was my source of getting information about him) and I checked them several times a day. It was a compulsion. When I think of how silly that was i'm ashamed. I can safely say that I will never do that again and i'm so thankful for the lesson.

But the truth of the matter is that as long as your xbf is in his disease he will find someone else. He will say the same things to her as he did to you. They will go to the same places and do many of the same things. But, she will never make him happy. This is the process he has to go through to obtain his source of supply (which is what you were). Alcoholics are very needy....love, sex, adoration, validation, justification, distraction, someone to put blame on, someone to rescue them....they cannot be alone. Many times when they cannot find someone new they cycle through the old ones to see if there's anything left.

Nothing outward can make him happy and that's why he medicates with alcohol.