View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 06:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
lostnfound1961
Guess what, I'm not crazy.

Don't get me wrong. I don't go out all the time and drink NA. I just happen to like the tast of it and sometimes when you are out you don't want yet another coke or the ice tea they have sucks. So sometimes I have an NA but not always and only one or two. I can only take one or two because otherwise I feel sick, Like sucking down too much pop in one setting.

To give you an idea of how much I drink NA, I have had a case in my fridge for about two or three months now and it's still half full. Now my husband used it to replace his beer when he wasn't drinking. He would suck down 10 or 12 at a time. I only have it cuz sometimes it stounds good and then as I said, only one or two at the most.

I know one thing for sure, I don't want the buz at all. I have learned to come to hate it. I don't want to be out of controle and make an ass of my self in public. Been there done that. I did a boat load of stuff I regret while I was drinking. I am not that person anymore and never want to be again.

The hardest part of not drinking for me is that sometimes I have to remined my self why I can't drink. I look at it in the same way I did when I stopped smoking over 20 years ago. It took me getting to a certin place in my mined and heart to stop. It was hard as hell and to this day I have been know to dream about it. I wake up thinking Thank God that was just a dream. I have the same dreams with alcohol.
the last one I had, I remember relizing I was buzzed and thinking CRAP! adn then, OK, now what do I do and woke up.

Well that only too a thousand words to tell you why it's ok for me to have NA. LOL I do see your point.