View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 01:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
lostnfound1961
Guess what, I'm not crazy.

The book cover has more to do with my husband seeing the book and getting upset. He thinks there is nothing wrong with me and if I am reading this stuff it must be about him and how horrable he is. I know I need to get past that. He knows I have some of the books and even confronted me about them. (The language of letting go) and (codependent no more) To him those titles = I blame you and I am leaving.

As for other people knowing...... I let friends and family know I stopped drinking after about three weeks or so. I wanted to make sure I was realy on the path before I said anything. Now when people notice me drinking NA or pop and ask... I am honest and let them know I HAD TO STOP. I say it in front of my husband, I tell them It was out of controle and I was out of controle. Funny thing is if someone asks my husband..... he tells them I am trying to loose weight. I fined it funny that he is embarresed to tell them the truth. But then again..... he does see everything as a refection of or statement about him self.
D