View Single Post
Old 10-15-2003, 11:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Cecilia

Just my opinion but if he had his head screwed on right he wouldnt be in this mess.
So what make you thnk that after 1 week his conciousness will be magicly raised.

Also I think that in order to kick a habit you have to change the way you do things. For example you might need to stay away from your drinking buddies until you can handle temptation. If theyre alkies you might need to avoid them altogether.

I think you guys have issues that go deeper than just his drinking. If you guys "talk" it will probably escalate into one of your usual Fandangos and he will want to drink. This is a dance you guys have probably been doing for a while. You two need to back off from each other so that you can get some of your serenity back.

WE both know you dont want to just "talk".
BTDT. You want him to admit youre right and apoligize for being such a weasel. It aint gonna happen he's not ready yet. Youll just end up more pissed.

I think what you really need is someone to listen to your side and help you work thru your anger and frustration. So that you can just talk and talk and talk and get it all out. But just not him cause you dont want to talk you really want to slap him around. LOL. BTDT.

Also not all their jerkiness is due to drinking. MInes been sober for a while now and he still exhibits some of the same behaviors that I chalked up to the booze talking. So even if he quits, youll be disappointed if you think youll be magicly transformed into Ozzie and Harriette .