Old 07-17-2007, 03:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
drainedwife

I have to say that knowing him for this long i do think he can stay clean if thats what he really wants. And i do believe that is what he really wants. Dont get me wrong, i am THINKING about it....and he would have to prove things to me first...if he cant do that, then i cant get back with him.
HE is not who i want to believe he is, is true...when he is on drugs...but without them and really wanting to change, then i think he can. If we did ever reconicle and there was any drug use, or abuse again in this house..it woul dbe over..there is no way i would go through any of this again. IT does seem easier, and less costly than divorce, but less scarier...no-- i think being with him if he doesnt change is scarier.
I guess my thougts from the beginning avent changed---i would still consider reconciling if he gets help and proves to me through his actions over time that he has changed for the better. what about my step dad talking to him---what do you think about that??
i also did ask my lawyer about adjusting the RO so that we can have emails conversations about other things besdies the kids..i havent heard back yet...but im sure he will advise me not to. but in the end, i guess it is really my decision...right? i have been following everything my lawyer says, without questioning it.