View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 12:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
guineapigjude

Arrrgh, He's done it again!

I'm so mad I could spit, so I figured venting here would be more sanitary!!!!
I've posted before about the "difficulties" XAH has finding things to do with the kids when he visits them. (complains about the money he "has" to spend, tries to horn his way into my new life...etc). No surprize to me that all these great plans he's had for the kids and him have fallen through ~ he's about as dependable as a holiday flight! Also his visits get shorter (which is okay by me). He throws in an occasional 4 hour tour of duty, but then the next week or two he takes them just long enough to cover his butt. (By that I mean tell everyone he sees his kids every Saturday.)
Last week he only saw them an hour and 45 minutes. Mind you, he only lives 15 minutes away and is out of work at 2:30 at the LATEST every day. Besides the occassional 3 minute phone call to tell the kids how much he loves them, they get 1 hour and 45 minutes of his week. This week he promised he would take them to the airport, to the batting cage, miniature golf, and my son's favorite ritzy pizza joint. He came late to get them because he said he was working. Then he only had them 2 hours, took them to the park, to Papa Ginos and tried to pretend he didn't know how to get to the airport so he could drop them off early ! (My daughter called me for directions and, knowing full well I know HE knows how to get to the airport, he tried to pretend he was just kidding.) They just were there like 15 minutes. Anyway, he told the kids his back hurt (last week's excuse, too, and his standard excuse when work gets in the way of drinking. In twenty years together, the guy had more "bad backs" and miracle recoveries than I can count ~ never actually diagnosed by a doctor!) and that the doctor had told him he couldn't work. But ~ and get this one~ he told the kids he had worked all week because he wanted to make sure he could pay child support, so couldn't take them for very long because he needed to rest! Needless to say, both kids are very disappointed. I'm biting my tongue not to talk bad about him to them. I figure at this point they're gonna see it all for themselves.
Then as an aside, I took my son to get an autograph from a Red Sox pitcher this morning. We waited 3 1/2 hours to get it, and the kid was thrilled. But XAH could just manage 2 hours.
Geeze, I hate alcoholism.