View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 04:17 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Loreena

Hi Acidburn,

What an accomplishment, this is wonderful news for you and all of us that have gone through it, it is a major step for you and I congratulate you.

Remember that if you drank every day as you say, you haven't had any naturally occuring sleep for a long time so your body is going to go through major adjustments, they are all good but I didn't sleep well either. In time, a day at a time you will sleep, the longer you stay sober, your natural sleep will come and you won't be "passed out", it will be good sleep.

I tried excercise and that really helped. When I couldn't sleep, I got out the big book and read, called another sober friend - even when it was late at night I was told give a call by so many good people in the fellowship. THe support through every thing in AA was so overwhelming when I asked for help, I got it. My higher power was there and eventually gave me a great night sleep.

Just dont' drink over it, no matter what happens, the drink isn't an option, you will be okay.

On the other hand, if you are having other physical reactions/withdrawals from alcohol seek medical help, it can be dangerous withdrawing all by yourself.

good luck, stay sober, ask for help and go to a meeting!!! lot's of meetings!!

l