View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 09:22 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
TexasDumb

Acid,

Scary, ain't it? Try not to be...
A doctor is a good idea, especially depending on your own personal drinking habit - how much, how long, how often, did you eat, did you drink water, etcetera...

But, here's good news - hopefully, it may fit your case - I went 14 days in a row with about 2-3 hours sleep total each night and not even in a row...maybe 20 minutes, then 40, then, if lucky and hour and a half for a total of 2 1/2 hours a night!

I would wake up and look at the clock hoping it had been hours....WRONG! 20 minutes...Bizarro.
So I would turn on the TV, (no chance of going back to sleep) lie their as long as I could and just try to rest and relax as much of me as I could.
When I could take no more, I would get up for a while. And wander around an hour or two.

I thought every night may be better. But they weren't. I kept thinking I will probably just EXPLODE!
But, I didn't.

Nights were SOOOO long and I dreaded them. Thanks God for Dish TV and internet, ha.

I was a mental zomby, but I was amazed that I could even function at all. The body is tougher that I thought. Of course, there were some days I chose not to drive for my work, which is mostly driving, simply because my eyesight was slow and stupid.
I did not need to be on the highways! And I shook so bad I could barely read my OWN writing!

I always had this picture in my mind of being stopped by the PO-Lice.. "What you in for boy," "Driving with no sleep," I replied.
I would bust up laughing at my own stupidity.
And, if it was bad enough that day, I would turn the Mustang around and head for home (Slowly) hoping to live to fight another day. Ha.

I was amazed that my body and sometimes my mind was able to function without as much discomfort as I had experienced previously in just one night with no sleep. Weird.

I did lay around all night and try to rest and mentally relax my muscles, mainly my legs, when I could stand to stay lying down. That helped, I guess.

Be sure and drink plenty of fluids now and take some multi-vitamin/minerals. Eat what and everything you can. Straight juice helps a lot! Milk also.

Hang in there, it does get better. Gradually.

Last edited by TexasDumb; 07-12-2007 at 09:50 PM.