View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 09:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hangin' In
Southern through and through

For starters, I will:

1. NOT call my sober daughter and tell her what I rehearsed while getting ready for work this a.m. You know, those imaginary conversations where we just "tell them what they need to know." Gee, she should be so grateful, but she won't even know to be so grateful that I didn't call...

2. I will call another mom in my Al Anon group and see how she is doing today. She's just began her journey and is scared. I want to offer the hope that my program gives.

3. I will do what is in front of me today, staying IN TODAY, and not going back to yesterday nor going forward into tomorrow. No "coulda, shoulda, woulda's" or "what if's". Those only steal the joy of today.

4. I will make an amend to my RAD for getting into her business. Well, I ONLY got into her business JUST A LITTLE (), but still, I need to tell her I'm sorry and I appreciate her being patient with me. God ain't through with me yet and He and I haven't QUITE perfected this staying inside my own hula hoop.

And that's just for starters. My program offers SO MANY GOOD THINGS that I can do today and for that I am so grateful.