Thread: Day One
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2003, 12:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
smoke gets in my eyes

Is that so crazy?
Yep.

You don't need his opinion about the beef. You're paying for the beef. You're getting the beef. He's not there to eat the beef. Who cares what he thinks about the beef? What is he some sort of beef expert? No? Then ask ME about the beef. I'll be happy to give you an inexpert opinion.

Just what is it you think you might need him for? His paycheck? Nope. For everything else there are ladders, dollies, carryout chicken, plumbers and Mr. Goodwrench.

Dino's been gone a few days. So far I haven't "needed" to step over his immobile carcass and that's all that's really different. Need?

Is what you're scared of really that you're going to realize you don't "need " him for anything? And won't that mean that the converse is true? He won't "need" you. What a responsibility when we realize that. We have to make ourselves "wantable" because "need" is moot.

It's okay to miss him Rose. It's okay to want him around. But "need" him? I doubt it. If he has any sense he'll start making himself into something you "want".

Hugs,
Smoke