View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 04:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

acidburn going cold turkey can kill, usually the really bad stuff does not start to happen until the 2nd or 3rd day, I was told flat out my a doctor that I needed medical detox. They kept me chock full of anti-seizure meds, blood pressure meds, and some sort of sedatives I think. They were checking my blood pressure every 4 hours and many times said it was still elevated and upped my blood pressure meds, it was not until late in my 3rd day that the shakes began to show up even with all the meds I was on, when they saw this they upped my meds again..... this was after 3 days!

In regards to sleep, as others have said it varies with every one, I was so doped up in detox that I had no problem sleeping and slept well with out the meds after 5 days, I have heard some folks say it lasted for weeks with them, more then likely because they did not see a doctor.

Cold turkey can kill, please for your own sake see a doctor and be honest with them, if nothing else at least have some one with you to where they can call an ambulance if things go wrong, there is no warning with seizures which can kill one very rapidly.